|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CARRIER TECHNICIAN (Q7-02)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2310-2010
As principal carrier for a designated group of not less than five letter routes, delivers mail on foot or by vehicle on the routes during the absence of the regularly assigned carrier and provides job instruction to newly assigned carriers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves any route in his group during absence of the regular carrier and performs complete and customary duties of a carrier (city or special).
2. Observes and notes conditions of the route while making deliveries.
3. Instructs new carriers in his group on office and street duties and responsibilities. Indicates best techniques for prompt, efficient, and safe serving of the route.
4. Observes the coverage of routes in his group during vacation periods and on occasions of multiple absences and reports his findings to the supervisor in charge.
5. Works with carriers in his group on improving delivery service and obtaining cooperation from customers.
Supervisor, Customer Services, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/18/2000||Occ Code: 2310-2010|