|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT TECH 1 (Q4-02)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2310-0047
Delivers mail on foot or by vehicle for a designated group of not less than five city routes during the absence of the regularly assigned carrier.
CCAs are the only noncareer category in the NALC bargaining unit. The number of CCAs who may be employed in this occupation code in any reporting period must comply with provisions of the USPS/NALC collective bargaining agreement Article
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves any route in his or her group during absence of the regular carrier and performs complete and customary duties of a carrier (city or special).
2. Observes and notes conditions of the route while making deliveries.
3. May instruct new carriers in his or her group on office and street duties and responsibilities. Indicates best techniques for prompt, efficient, and safe serving of the route.
4. Observes the coverage of routes in his or her group during vacation periods and on occasions of multiple absences and reports findings to the supervisor in charge.
5. Works with carriers in his group on improving delivery service and obtaining cooperation from customers.
Supervisor, Customer Services, or other designated supervisor.
CCAs are appointed and reappointed in accordance with the NALC National Agreement and Postal policies in Handbook EL-312, Employment and Placement.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 04/19/2014||Occ Code: 2310-0047|