|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMPUTER SYS ANLYST/PRGMR (N2-21)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2210-0195
Work alone or as part of a team on simple to complex projects, assisting or as lead analyst/programmer. Analyze, evaluate, and develop, new and existing, computer programs, systems, and procedures used to process data. Update programs and systems documentation and instructions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participate in the project planning process that determines programming and hardware needs. Assist or lead in preparing programming specifications and in developing coding logic. Prepare charts, diagrams, and other documentation as needed.
2. Design, code, test, and debug computer programs, independently or as part of a team, using computer languages identified and available in the Infrastructure Tool Kit (ITK).
3. Oversee the consistent utilization of USPS development standards, procedures and processes. Ensure systems campatibility. Follow data security procedures and identify potential data security risks.
4. Maintain contact, as designated, with the team leader, customers, contractors, and equipment vendors to monitor progress and coordinate varied project stages.
5. Maintain computer programs and systems. Revise and update computer programs, procedures, and systems; including rewrites to the systems documentaion and instructions as necessary.
6. Performs other job-related tasks as assigned or required to support the duties outlined above.
Manager or supervisor of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 10/04/2014||Occ Code: 2210-0195|