|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMPUTER ANLYST/PRGMR ASSOC (N2-19)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2210-0194
Work alone or as part of a team on small, moderately complex projects, assisting higher level analysts/programmers in the analysis, evaluation, development and maintenance of computer programs, systems, and procedures used to process data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participate in the project planning process that determines programming and hardware needs. Assist in preparing programming specifications and in developing coding logic.
2. Prepare charts, diagrams, and other program and system documentation as needed.
3. Code, test, and debug detailed programming instructions, based on programming specifications normally prepared by higher level analysts/programmers, and using computer languages identified and available in the Infrastructure Tool Kit (ITK).
4. Maintain current knowledge of and follow all security procedures. Identify, respond to, and report actual or potential security risks.
5. Assists in the installation of updates and revisions to computer programs and procedures.
6. Prepares and provides final documentation on revisions and updates for the computer operations function.
7. Provides technical support to end users on the revisions or updates.
8. Performs other job-related tasks as assigned or required to support the duties outlined above.
Manager or supervisor of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 10/04/2014||Occ Code: 2210-0194|