|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
VEHICLE DISPATCHER (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2151-01XX
At an auxiliary garage, conducts dispatching activities for carrier-operated vehicles and coordinates vehicle assignments on a tour to assure the expeditious movement of mails in scheduled and emergency service.
For use in a large auxiliary garage with at least 75 vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures that all vehicle requirements, regular or emergency, of the dispatch point are filled and dispatched as necessary.
2. Assigns suitable vehicles to scheduled routes. Assures that all scheduled routes and trips are covered.
3. Issues schedules, keys, and truck record cards. Takes necessary action to provide maintenance assistance or a replacement vehicle when road calls occur.
4. Obtains, controls and dispatches additional vehicles under approved contracts as service needs require.
5. Maintains required records of the operation of each vehicle and verifies entries made on truck record cards by drivers. Makes necessary analysis, computations and reports; performs other related duties.
6. In addition, may, in an emergency, investigate a vehicle accident and prepare necessary reports and recommendations; verify time cards and prepare daily man-hour reports.
Supervisor, Transportation Operations, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2151-01XX|