|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
VEHICLE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2150-08XX
Conducts the vehicle operations in an office where a vehicle maintenance facility is authorized, having approximately 40 or more vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Initiates and makes recurring and special surveys as required. Recommends corrective action for deficient vehicle utilization disclosed through analysis of prescribed reports.
2. Analyzes and makes recommendations on requests for assignment of vehicles and additional vehicle service. Solicits bids for contract vehicles and submits through designated supervisor for approval.
3. Makes a continuing analysis of all schedules of vehicle operations and routes of travel, developing schedule changes that will eliminate service duplication, maximize vehicle use, and provide the most effective traffic patterns. Maintains liaison with city traffic engineering departments.
4. Reviews and makes recommendations on dock and maneuvering areas and loading techniques.
5. Formulates and submits an annual planned program of vehicle use for the development of budget and vehicle procurement requirements. Considers using government owned vehicles in lieu of contract vehicles and vice-versa; makes recommendations to the region through appropriate channels.
6. Investigates all accidents involving vehicles driven by postal employees. Provides narrative reports and data to designated supervisor. Administers road tests and provides training for postal drivers. May serve on safety committee of post office. Observes the street operation of government owned vehicles to ensure that they are driven properly and safely.
7. Compiles and analyzes required vehicle operations records and reports.
8. May participate in mail processing activities of post office.
Superintendent, Vehicle Operations; or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2150-08XX|