|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
STOREKPR AUTO PARTS (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2040-11XX
Orders, receives, stores and issues parts, tools and related equipment and materials used to maintain vehicles.
This level is appropriate at a vehicle maintenance facility where there is assigned at least 164 facility and perimeter vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Requests or orders supplies as required; procures items temporarily out of stock locally.
2. Receives, stores and issues parts and related equipment and materials.
3. Inspects shipments received against items listed on requisition or invoice; rejects defective, excessive and incorrect items received.
4. Plans the arrangement of bins, cribs and shelves in stock rooms to provide efficient service; determines which parts and quantity are to be stored in auxiliary stock rooms.
5. Periodically or perpetually inventories stock on hand, maintaining necessary reports.
6. Reviews stock records for past consumption and requisitions items accordingly to ensure an adequate supply.
7. May supervise clerks assigned to stockroom activities.
Supervisor, Vehicle Maintenance, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 2040-11XX|