|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
RECEIVING & SHIPPING CLERK (K7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2040-0002
Receives and ships items, ensuring that specified items and quantity are in good condition and conform to requisitions, bills of lading, freight bills, invoices and purchase orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages the agreement between the USPS and the Smithsonian Institution for funding and support of the National Postal Museum; oversees planned activities and financial processes to protect USPS level of financial contributions.
2. Maintains receiving and shipping records and stock record cards.
3. Prepares various forms, distributes, and files. Provides management with status of non-delivered items.
4. Confers with, and maintains close contact with Postal Service transportation and contract personnel, and with commercial carriers ensuring that drivers act in conformance with the regulations concerning shipping and receiving procedures.
5. Occasionally performs other job related tasks as assigned.
Reports to supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when filled from the same level and occupational group (preferred duty assignment). Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
|Doc Date: 11/16/2012||Occ Code: 2040-0002|