|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
SUPPLY CENTER CLERK (C7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2005-0006
Performs a variety of activities involved in the receipt, handling, inspection, warehousing, and shipping of materials, including postal money orders.
For use at distribution and supply centers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives stock delivered; inspects, counts and checks off items against manifests, contracts, and orders for overages, shortages, or damages.
2. Prepares and types reports using computer technology of receipt and inspection of stock and equipment; provides information for claims; posts receipts and updates computer files.
3. Selects items from stock; packages items for shipment; prepares required documentation for transportation and shipment.
4. Receives requests for orders of stock and equipment.
5. Receives parts returned for repair; provides identification and determines proper procedure for repair.
6. Prepares incoming material for warehousing, re-skidding, labeling, and marking; warehouses material exercising good housekeeping practices.
7. Contacts vendors and internal customers to coordinate shipping and receiving of materials, including parts, equipment, supplies, and repairs.
8. Observes safety and fire rules and regulations.
9. Inspects shipments of material prior to loading to determine acceptability with commercial shipping practices.
10. Maintains bills of lading log books, records, and computer files of all weights shipped and received.
11. Operates forklift, warehouse towing tractor, or truck as required.
12. Participates in physical inventory/cycle counts.
13. Operates electronic barcoding equipment for receipt, identification, inventory, storage, and distribution of materials.
14. Receives, provides for, stores, and distributes postal money order blanks in accordance with established procedures.
15. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
MAIL EQUIP/SPLY CTR
|Doc Date: 01/15/2013||Occ Code: 2005-0006|