|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PROPERTY CONTROL SPECIALIST PDC (IT/ASC-14)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2003-2001
Maintains inventory and accountability for all capital, ADP, and controlled property assigned to a postal data center; performs a variety of functions relating to property and supply management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of files and computerized programs for property control of equipment, furniture, and fixtures; initiates, researches, develops, and implements recommendations to improve local property control systems, methods, and procedures.
2. Verifies periodic property control reports to ensure accurate inventory control; inputs, retrieves, and corrects property information in computerized files.
3. Reveiws and prepares documentation, correspondence, reports, and statistical charts for property control, purchasing, accounting, statistical, and budgetary purposes; prepares short and long range budget estimates for equipment, supplies, and services; provides equipment life analysis.
4. Arranges for essential emergency repair and periodic maintenance of various office machines and equipment; maintains equipment history files for warranty, replacement, and disposal purposes.
5. Participates in the preparation of requests for proposals and invitations for bids for acquisition of property, equipment, and related services.
6. Evaluates purchase orders, contractual agreements, transfer documents, and disposal approvals to ensure accuracy and completeness; takes action to ensure that these agreements are followed in regard to delivery, receipt, and installation.
7. May oversee the activities of a small group of clerical employees engaged in the examining, accounting, and auditing of purchasing, transfer, and disposal data for equipment, supplies and services.
8. Provides technical guidance and direction regarding property control and accounting procedures. May oversee activities of a small group of clerical employees involved in the property control function.
9. Has frequent contact with representatives of government agencies, vendors, technicians, and contractors regarding property control.
10. Performs other related duties in support of the primary functions.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 01/27/1989||Occ Code: 2003-2001|