|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PROCUREMENT CLERK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 1106-01XX
Makes local cash purchases within delegated authority and requisitions items, parts, supplies, fuels, and lubricants for a post office, its stations and branches, or for a motor vehicle maintenance facility, through the area supply center, by purchase in the local market, or by purchase of common use items from General Services Administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews requests for parts and supplies; determines from review of area supply center and GSA supply catalogs whether required items may be requisitioned directly from the supply center, or must be purchased locally.
2. Prepares and forwards requisitions to the area supply center and GSA.
3. Makes authorized cash purchases from local or area suppliers.
4. Prepares forms required for procurement actions.
5. Maintains records of all purchases and accountable personal property, and supporting documents.
6. Maintains records of accountable personal property, and records changes.
7. Conducts or assists in conducting periodic inventories of personal property.
8. May occasionally assist in the central supply room.
9. In addition, may perform the following duties: order from and return to the area supply center, keys, locks, and related items; correspond with other organizational elements concerning equipment, supplies, and services; and type, file and other office work as required.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1992||Occ Code: 1106-01XX|