|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CONTRACT TECHNICIAN (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 1102-01XX
Assists in soliciting, negotiating, administering, and terminating informal and formal contracts.
Position is authorized for use in Procurement Services Offices only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews procurement requests for completeness and accuracy and coordinates modifications, corrections, or updating, as necessary.
2. As assigned, coordinates the solicitation, award, and administration of informal purchases.
3. Prepares solicitation documents and contracts for formally advertised and negotiated procurements; develops source list for those procurements; prepares appropriate findings in negotiated procurement for higher level approval; analyzes justification for sole source procurement; conducts solicitations; monitors bid openings and assists in negotiations.
4. Assists in the administration of all contracts assigned, including contract progress, contractor report analysis, post award approvals, determination of adherence to terms and conditions; analyzes data and end items; assesses damages and cost reviews; reviews prospective subcontractors, determining excusable delays, and initiates the termination and closing out of completed contracts.
5. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 1102-01XX|