|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
TRANSLATOR CORRESPONDENCE (P7-08)
OCCUPATION CODE: 1045-02XX
Translates exchanges of foreign correspondence involving international accounts, rates, regulations, routing, and conditions governing mail exchange with other countries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs linguistic duties involving the translation of accounts and correspondence, utilizing English and one or more foreign languages.
2. Translates correspondence replies to and from foreign accounts regarding rates, regulations, routing, and conditions governing mail exchange with other countries.
3. Applies knowledge governing rates, laws, regulations, and schedules in the interpretation and preparation of correspondence to ensure proper mail exchange.
4. Maintains current rates, laws, regulations, and schedules governing foreign mail.
5. Reviews outgoing correspondence prepared in a foreign language for accuracy, clarity and applicability to ensure service requirements are met.
6. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 1045-02XX|