|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
SIGN PAINTER-ILLSTR (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 1020-05XX
Performs sign painting, lettering, mechanical drawings, and other related tasks; performs work requiring artistic and limited creative ability in preparing illustration material, using various media, for promotional or informational use in postal facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, lays out, and performs lettering and/or sign painting from written work orders or verbal requests from any of the various units of the post office.
2. Prepares surfaces for lettering or sign painting by refinishing old materials, finishing new materials, and selecting proper points and tools to be used.
3. Letters display cases, carrier cases, racks; scheme distribution, delivery, collection, and box route charts through approved work orders.
4. Executes gold or silver leaf lettering on glass windows, door panels, and lobby screenline windows.
5. Performs painting and lettering of outdoor displays calling for technical skill in following scaled layouts and designs, such as giant mail boxes, cloth banners, and floats.
6. Properly mixes, thins, or blends media to obtain the proper consistency and hue desired through the use of compatible mixtures and the proper thinners or solvents.
7. May perform silk screen work, involving the cutting of silk screen film, the placement of the design on the silk screen, and, by use of paints, the reproduction of the requested number of signs.
8. Prepares charts, graphs, maps, posters, cartoons, sketches, and acetate overlays for administrative use, operational training, and for safety purposes, as directed.
9. Prepares for final approval artistic layouts, such as covers for booklets, illustrations in pamphlets and handouts for training, safety, and operational purposes.
10. Prepares drawings and layouts for offset reproduction.
11. Prepares drawings of floor plans and of structural and mechanical modifications and completes other similar assignments.
12. May serve as a group leader over other employees as projects require.
13. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 1020-05XX|