|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (P7-10)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0856-0020
Independently performs the full range of diagnostic, preventive maintenance, alignment and calibration, and overhaul tasks, on both hardware and software on a variety of mail processing, customer service, and building equipment and systems, applying advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs complex testing, diagnosis, maintenance, alignments and calibration, overhaul, and revision, of electronically operated or controlled equipment or systems; may be required to perform maintenance of associated electromechanical equipment and systems.
2. Observes the operation of systems and equipment, and applies various testing and diagnostic methods and procedures to locate and correct malfunctions and/or failures and ensures maximum system performance.
3. Performs equipment inspections to assess the quality of service or maintenance received, and to discover incipient malfunctions; initiates work orders requesting corrective actions for equipment not meeting maintenance or operating standards; estimates time and materials necessary to make corrections and conducts investigations of frequent or serious equipment failures to determine the cause of the breakdown and to recommend remedial maintenance action.
4. Recommends changes to servicing and preventive maintenance activities; assists in the revision of preventive maintenance and operator checklists, and their frequency to sustain the proper degree of maintenance.
5. Performs analyses of equipment failures; reviews operational reports, audits, and other information, to determine where operational enhancement can be made to prevent equipment or systems deterioration.
6. Participates in the installation, removal, modification, assembly, and/or disassembly of systems and equipment.
7. Participates in classroom, on-the-job, and correspondence training programs; attends courses at postal facilities, trade schools, and manufacturers sites; assists in developing and implementing training programs; provides on-the-job training to other lower level maintenance employees.
8. Provides technical support to other employees in the facility or in installations within the area served; performs in-process and final operational checks and tests work completed by other employees; may work without direct supervision.
9. May drive a vehicle or use other appropriate modes of transportation in the course of assigned duties.
10. Follows established safety practices and requirements while performing all duties; reads and adheres to instructions listed in applicable maintenance directives; maintains a library of maintenance directives.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
|Doc Date: 02/01/2008||Occ Code: 0856-0020|