|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
DRAFTING CLERK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0818-01XX
Assists in the preparation of detailed maps and drawings according to scale for use in connection with postal operations.
Clerk craft if in post office branch; maintenance craft if in maintenance branch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in developing and maintaining correct maps of an area served by the post office, adding to original maps, indicating by markings route and station boundaries, the location of street letter and storage boxes; maintains correct key of city streets from which to identify boundaries.
2. Rescales original subdivision plats to conform to map scale.
3. Assists in the preparation of drawings for structural and mechanical modifications and improvement to the main office and the stations and branches.
4. Assists in the preparation of drawings, models, charts, and graphs; makes tracings of drawings prepared by draftsmen.
5. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: type specifications and records to be used with prepared drawings, letter labels for cases, racks, files, etc.; maintain files and records of prepared drawings; make layouts and stencils; distribute incoming or outgoing mail.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
Senior Qualified when utilized within the Clerk craft. Best Qualified when utilized within any other craft.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 05/08/2001||Occ Code: 0818-01XX|