|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
TACS SUPPORT SPECIALIST SR (IT/ASC-18)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0590-0012
Oversees, coordinates and performs technical functions in support of the Time and Attendance Collection Systems (TACS) and related payroll systems. Provides support for the full range of all potential inquiries related to time and attendance reporting procedures and processing; ensures compliance with national timekeeping policies, guidelines and procedures; ensures complex problems are resolved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides guidance and responds to the full range of potential inquiries from time and attendance operations to establish proper reporting, identify improvement opportunities, follows up to ensure the resolution of all irregularities, the continued application of corrective measures and ongoing performance improvement.
2. Performs analysis to identify process and system problems; provides technical guidance, makes recommendations for changes and coordinates their reporting and resolution; prepares recurring reports, statements and analysis as requested by management.
3. Documents and monitors the status of outstanding problems and inquiries to ensure they are resolved.
4. Initiates and reviews recommendations for improving the operations, and works with employees in systems development and implementation.
5. Monitors calls and reviews the work of others for completeness, accuracy and timeliness.
6. Provides technical guidance and training to TACS support employees on new or modified timekeeping systems, processes and procedures.
7. Coordinates the daily activities of lower level TACS support employees engaged in responding to inquiries from internal and external customers.
8. Performs other duties as assigned; performs other complex job-related tasks to support the primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
|Doc Date: 05/23/2013||Occ Code: 0590-0012|