|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
TACS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (IT/ASC-15)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0590-0011
Provides support and assistance to a staff of TACS Support Analysts in identifying and addressing problems and issues with the TACS and related payroll systems. Handles the more complex TACS issues identified or reported using USPS online systems, reference materials, and knowledge of the TACS application and related payroll systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports a staff of TACS Support Analysts and handles issues escalated by that staff. Listens actively to determine customer needs and answers questions. Demonstrates courtesy, patience and professionalism while providing information to customers.
2. Provides guidance in application of time and attendance rules, regulations and procedures.
3. Provides resolution as appropriate; confirms customer understanding of complex issues requiring advanced research; resolves inquiries in accordance with TACS service standards and guidelines.
4. Works collaboratively with other TACS Support Specialists, Field Supervisors and Management; determines which inquiries should be further escalated or transferred and routes inquiries in a timely manner.
5. Researches information from various USPS resources provides information, technical advice and program guidance related to complex TACS service inquiries and initiates call backs to customers.
6. Identifies and reports unusual or repetitive customer inquiries, complaints or areas of misinformation to Lead Specialists and Supervisors.
7. Documents and monitors the status of outstanding problems and ensures they are resolved; creates a record of the type of contact in a computerized tracking system for referral and historical purposes.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
|Doc Date: 05/23/2013||Occ Code: 0590-0011|