|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
TACS SUPPORT ANALYST (IT/ASC-13)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0590-0010
Uses Shared Services Help Desk tools to provide technical assistance to the Field Supervisors and Managers entering authorizations/corrections to employee records in the Time and Attendance Collection System (TACS) and related applications. Utilizes TACS reports to monitor data inputs in order to ensure compliance with time and attendance regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews TACS reports of user inputs to ensure compliance with time and attendance regulations; assists supervisors in resolving incorrect time entries and preparing payroll adjustments as needed. Reviews rural timecard information for accuracy and enters data into appropriate systems.
2. Maintains the employee master records, adding and deleting employees, creating temporary assignments, changing permanent assignments, and resolving discrepancies between systems. Maintains TACS user accounts.
3. Reviews reports to ensure that all offices within the performance cluster have correctly submitted all time and attendance data and that all employees are in a "ready" status each week and takes appropriate action when necessary.
4. Responds to and records phone and written inquires related to TACS and related applications and system requirements. Assists users in resolving simple system problems and escalates more complex problems
5. Receives and answers questions from TACS users on payroll and timekeeping regulations; serves as liaison with human resources and field management on more complex user questions.
6. Performs data input of time and attendance related information as required.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
KP-0013 Written Exam
QUALIFICATION STANDARD 0590 (0590-0005) TACS TIME AND ATTENDANCE CLERK DOCUMENT DATE TBD
|Doc Date: 05/23/2013||Occ Code: 0590-0010|