|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST (P) (IT/ASC-14)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0544-0007
Process a variety of payroll transactions and/or adjustments to ensure accurate employee payments. Process transactions in accordance with control standards and reconcile assigned activities as requested by management. Monitors outstanding issues to ensure resolution and determine which problems are to be forwarded for higher level review and resolution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews documents/reports, performs calculations, validated and inputs transactions to maintain employee's master payroll records including thos of a more complex nature. Maintains subject files and logs for the processing of payroll related functions and ensures the files are in order and complete.
2. Monitors file maintenance and adjustment processing to ensure accurate employee payments and benefit accounts. Reviews error reports produced during the processing of pay-related adjsutments and change transactions for employee's payroll and benefit accounts.
3. Reviews, researches, and processes field generated adjustment requests to an employee's pay, leave and/or miscellaneous withholdings.
4. Prepares and processes internal documents to adjust an employee's pay, leave and/or miscellaneous withholdings. Prepares informal correspondence to employees concerning internally generated changes to an employee's payroll and benefits account.
5. Processes special payroll for Postmasters, Rural Carriers, and other specialized employee categories, including suspense registers for employees in non-duty, non-pay status.
6. Inputs, retrieves, and corrects other data using a personal computer desktop workstation connected to a fully integrated Local Area Network.
7. Processes Internal Revenue Service tax levies, garnishments, child support withholding orders, other agency debts and other pay withholdings; processes duplicate wage statements.
8. Has occasional contact with employee customers, representatives of other government agencies and financial organizations regarding employee payroll and benefit accounts. Provides technical assistance to field employees and other USPS personnel regarding payroll related issues. Documents and resolves problems and customer inquireies in a timely and accurate manner.
9. Processes back pay claim computations both direct and indirect, Office of Worker's compensation Program cases, payumentd due deceased employee's estates.
10. Prepares accounts receivable and set-off authorizations.
11. Provides technical guidance, coordination and mentoring in the performance of day to day activities of a small group of employees.
12. Performs other job related tasks, as assigned, in support of primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 03/01/2008||Occ Code: 0544-0007|