|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTABLE PAPER SUPPLY CLERK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0530-05XX
Requisitions and ships stamp stock and accountable paper for main office, stations, and branches, or for other post offices served by accountable paper depository.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares master requisition for accountable paper stock from individual requisitions.
2. Witnesses receipt of stamp stock, posting quantities and values to perpetual inventory record.
3. Packages and ships stock to classified and contract stations and branches; supplies wholesale stamp clerk with stock to replenish amount shown in daily sales.
4. Packages and ships stock to post offices within area served by the depository, based upon orders received; prepares necessary records.
5. Replenishes redeemed stock certified by destruction committee and enters proper notation in report of accounts.
6. Prepares daily report for accounting office, showing opening and closing balances, amount of stock issued, etc.; submits monthly stamp account reports.
7. May perform any of the following duties: maintain inventory of blank money order, and employees' savings bond forms; issue forms to stations and branches, maintain control over such shipments by releasing money orders in blocks of 2000; issue receipts for redeemed stamps, stamped paper, and postal cards returned by stations and branches; replenish in like amounts and prepares redeemed stock for verification by destruction committee; perform services at a public window; distribute incoming or outgoing mails.
Supervisor, Customer Services, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0530-05XX|