|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ORDER ENTRY CLERK (SFS) (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0530-0005
Performs a variety of duties involved in processing stamps and stamp product orders. Manually prepares mail for processing; operates computer key board and 10-key to input customer order data.
This position is for use in the Stamp Fulfillment Service Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Opens mail; sorts according to content; verifies remittance payment; performs mail order control; identifies mail order forms, sorts and performs simple mail distribution.
2. Determines acceptability of remittances; resolves differences between remittances and value of items ordered; deletes items on under-paid orders; adjusts overpaid orders with items; initiates refund process, or credit to account according to established policy.
3. Reviews order forms that computer rejects as out of balance and determines where error occurred; corrects out of balance errors.
4. Verifies batched orders; maintains batch integrity.
5. Performs data entry and 10-key to input batched orders; maintains files, records and reports related to batch work.
6. Identifies problems related to batch work and mail orders; advises and coordinates with supervisor on related issues.
7. Performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
|Doc Date: 03/11/2004||Occ Code: 0530-0005|