|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST (IT/ASC-14)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0525-0007
Performs various accounting transactions through systems and applications to support financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), postal policy, regulations and standard procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Uses systems or applications to process source documents or files, verify information, and make necessary adjustments in the official records.
2. Processes transactions in accordance with control standards and reconciles assigned activities as requested by management.
3. Documents and resolves problems and customer inquiries in a timely and accurate manner. Monitors outstanding issues to ensure resolution within the established service standards. Determines which problems are to be forwarded for higher level review and resolution.
4. Performs research through accounting systems/applications, supporting statements or ledgers to develop data required to properly respond to inquiries and reconcile postal financial accounts.
5. Prepares technical correspondence, reports and records for signature of management.
6. Has contact with representatives of government agencies, financial organizations, major mailers, customers, and postal officials regarding financial accounts as requested by management.
7. May provide technical guidance and training in the coordination of the day to day activities of a small group of employees.
8. Performs other duties as assigned; may perform other complex job-related tasks to support the primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 11/29/2004||Occ Code: 0525-0007|