|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST SR (IT/ASC-17)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0525-0006
Oversees, coordinates, and performs technical accounting and disbursing functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Provides technical direction for control activities and assists in the formulation, review and analysis of financial statements and reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Processes accounting transactions to certify accuracy of data and reports. When applicable, assists in examining documentation submitted by certifying officers; reviews documentation for completeness and accuracy and ensures that postal regulations are followed.
2. Assists in developing testing procedures to ensure controls in accounting systems and processes are adequate and operating as designed. Assists in the documentation and testing of controls.
3. Assists in the implementation of new accounting systems and procedures as requested by management.
4. Reviews the work of others for completeness and accuracy; verifies accuracy and appropriateness of the accounting transactions that support the ledgers and sub-ledgers.
5. Performs analysis to determine validity of unusual transactions and questions variations of data trends. Assists in determining and resolving outstanding items in reconciliation as assigned by management.
6. Provides technical guidance and responds to customer requests within established service standards; prepares recurring reports, statements and analysis as requested by management.
7. Prepares and reviews routine correspondence, and reports prepared by others and initiates more complex documents for signature of management.
8. Has contact with external and internal auditors, external and internal business owners, government agencies, and service providers regarding accounts as requested by management.
9. Performs other duties as assigned; performs other complex job-related tasks to support the primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 11/29/2004||Occ Code: 0525-0006|