|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTING SUPPORT SPECIALIST SR (IT/ASC-18)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0525-0003
Oversees, coordinates, and performs technical functions in support of the accounting help desk. Provides support for the full range of all potential inquiries related to accounting procedures and processing assuring that complex problems are resolved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides technical guidance and responds to the full range of potential inquiries from internal and external customer within established service standards; prepares recurring reports, statements and analysis as requested by management.
2. Performs analysis to identify process and system problems; makes recommendations for changes and coordinates their reporting and resolution.
3. Documents and monitors the status of outstanding problems and inquiries to ensure they are resolved.
4. Initiates and reviews recommendations for improving the operations, and works with employees in systems development and implementation.
5. Monitors calls and reviews the work of others for completeness, accuracy and timeliness.
6. Provides technical guidance and training to accounting support employees on new or modified accounting/help desk systems, processes and procedures.
7. Coordinates the daily activities of lower level accounting support employees engaged in responding to inquiries from internal and external customers.
8. Performs other duties as assigned; performs other complex job-related tasks to support the primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 11/29/2004||Occ Code: 0525-0003|