|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTING & CONTROL SPECIALIST (IT/ASC-16)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0510-0022
Oversees, performs and resolves accounting and control activities in the various accounting functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Postal policy, regulations and standard procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Processes transactions, maintains records, ledgers or sub-ledgers in accordance with GAAP to achieve timely and accurate financial reports; may perform reconciliations at the end of each required reporting period to support the accuracy of financial reports.
2. Participates in developing procedures to ensure controls in accounting systems and processes are adequate and operating as designed; participates in the documentation and testing of controls.
3. Assists in determining the validity of unusual transactions and questions variations of data trends. Assists in determining and resolving outstanding items in reconciliation as assigned by management.
4. Participates in the implementation of new accounting systems and standard operating procedures.
5. Provides technical guidance; prepares recurring reports, statements and analysis as requested by management.
6. Provides guidance and training in coordinating the day-to-day activities of a small- to medium-sized group of employees.
7. Resolves technical and procedural problems and responds to customer requests within established serviced standards.
8. Performs other duties as assigned; may perform other complex job-related tasks to support the primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 11/29/2004||Occ Code: 0510-0022|