|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ACCOUNTING & CONTROL SPECIALIST SR (IT/ASC-18)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0510-0021
Oversees, performs and resolves complex accounting and control activities in the various accounting functions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Postal policy, regulations and standard procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Processes transactions, maintains records, ledgers or sub-ledgers in accordance with GAAP; performs reconciliations at the end of each required reporting period to support the accuracy of financial reports.
2. Assists in developing procedures to ensure controls in accounting systems and processes are adequate and operating as designed. Assists in the documentation and testing of controls.
3. Analyzes data and /or conducts tests to determine validity of unusual transactions or trends. Participates in, recommends and assists in the implementation and testing of changes in the system to improve controls and data integrity.
4. Assists in the implementation of new accounting systems and procedures as requested by management.
5. Assists auditors/investigators during performance of audit or investigations as requested by management.
6. Reviews, researches, and prepares formal correspondence or reports for internal and external reporting requirements as requested by management.
7. Resolves technical and procedural problems and responds to customer requests within established service standards; takes an active role in the timely and accurate completion of work.
8. Has contact with representatives of internal business owners, government agencies, service providers and external customers regarding accounts as requested by management.
9. Provides technical guidance, training and coordination of the day-to-day activities to a small to medium sized group of employees.
10. Performs other duties as assigned; performs other complex job-related tasks to support the primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 11/29/2004||Occ Code: 0510-0021|