|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
DATA CONVERSION OPERATOR (P7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0356-09XX
Operates data conversion equipment in transforming information from source documents to computer input forms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates conventional keypunch and electronic data entry equipment from source documents to an input suitable for computer processing.
2. Performs a mechanical verfication of keypunched information.
3. Selects correct program format and operating mode for each data entry system job application.
4. Prepares and maintains program control cards for jobs processed on keypunch/keyverifier equipment for each specific job.
5. Maintains format instructions for all keypunching jobs performed in the facility.
6. Records machine utilization information for each and submits to the supervisor.
7. Occasionally performs other job related tasks in support of primary duties.
Supervisor, Remote Encoding Operations, or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0356-09XX|