|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OFFICE MACHINE OPERATOR (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0350-02XX
Serves as a working leader in charge of a unit engaged in duplicating and reproducing material.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Schedules reproduction work for organizational units to provide material requested in quantities and at time required; makes revisions in daily schedules to meet high priority work; determines the most effective and economical process to use and the type and size of paper.
2. Outlines and assigns work to employees operating office machines.
3. Detects technical difficulties in the machine operation and makes minor adjustments to the machines; maintains the machines in accordance with manufacturers' maintenance schedules; calls manufacturer for service, as necessary.
4. Maintains centralized address files for use in distribution of reproduced materials.
5. As required, operates any of the office machines in order to meet work schedule requirements.
6. In addition, may open, separate, and distribute mail within the administrative office.
Is responsible to a designated supervisor. Directs the work of two or more office clerks.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0350-02XX|