|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
IT SERVICE DESK LEAD SPECIALIST (IT/ASC-18)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0335-3009
Diagnoses and assures that escalated, complex hardware, software application, peripheral and user related problems that cannot be handled by lower level employees are resolved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Logs, performs initial diagnosis, troubleshoots and resolves complex and unusual technical problems, including those escalated by lower level specialists, demonstrating courtesy, patience and professionalism while providing technical support to customers via all communication channels.
2. Performs remedial actions to correct problems, recommends and determines solutions for the operation of computer systems and software applications.
3. Identifies network problems reported by users; updates hardware and software, monitors and resolves related problems forwarded by IT Service Desk technicians and specialists.
4. Provides recommendations on and implements approved training, projects, self-help, and knowledge base improvements to improve the user experience and improve the skills of IT Service desk technicians and specialists.
5. Coordinates implementation of computer system hardware with field users, Headquarters sponsors, and vendors.
6. Maintains level of knowledge to follow security procedures, and identify, respond and report actual or potential security risks to systems.
7. Communicates with supervisors, customers, team members, contractors and equipment vendors to monitor progress of incidents, problems and service requests.
8. Attends meetings, including teleconferences, with support groups, technicians, specialists or supervisors to discuss innovative and updated information as it relates to deployment or upgrades. Documents and communicates information from the meeting to all team members.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 04/07/2018||Occ Code: 0335-3009|