|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
IT SERVICE DESK SPECIALIST SR (IT/ASC-15)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0335-3008
Provides initial customer contact and primary support to users of USPS technologies, assuring that the more complex hardware, software application, peripheral and user education problems are resolved.
This is a career ladder position and is not to be filled competitively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives and logs reported complex or unusual technical problems. Performs initial diagnosis and resolves complex problems. Demonstrates courtesy, patience and professionalism while providing technical support to customers via all communication channels.
2. Determines which incidents should be submitted for review by a lead specialist or supervisor and routes incidents in a timely manner.
3. Reports recurring incidents to IT Service Desk Lead Specialist or supervisor for action.
4. Provides recommendations on types of training, self-help, and knowledge base improvements to improve the user experience.
5. Documents and monitors the status of outstanding incidents and ensures that they are resolved.
6. Provides job related information and assistance to lower level IT service desk employees.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 04/07/2018||Occ Code: 0335-3008|