|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
IT SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN (IT/ASC-13)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0335-3007
Provides initial customer contact and primary support to users of USPS technologies assuring that hardware, software applications, peripherals and user education problems are resolved.
This is a career ladder job and is not to be authorized on a permanent basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives and logs reported technical problems; performs initial diagnosis and resolves routine problems. Demonstrates courtesy, patience and professionalism while providing technical support to customers via all communication channels.
2. Provides first contact resolutions that are clear and meet customer needs. Escalates complex technical problems for higher level review and routes problems in a timely manner.
3. Reports recurring incidents to IT Service Desk Lead specialist Level 18 or supervisor for action.
4. Uses knowledge base information to research solutions to routine technical problems, frequently asked questions, and application use.
5. Documents and monitors the status of outstanding incidents until they are resolved.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 04/07/2018||Occ Code: 0335-3007|