|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMPUTER PRODUCTION SUPPT TECH (IT/ASC-18)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0335-0003
Perform oversight functions and technical support involving computer production job execution. Manages computer set-up and processing, the job control language (JCL), production library maintenance, and production problem identification and resolution; per departmental standards and established IT Service Level Agreements (SLA).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform and oversee the set-up of all productions jobs. Monitors all input products to ensure system compatibility. Prepares specific procedures for use in production management and assists schedulers in determining optimum production flows.
2. Oversee the development of and assists programmers in writing job control language (JCL) routines for various utilities and programs; ensures programming code meets standards.
3. Assist with developing, writing, and updating instructions and standard operating procedures (SOP) for production job executions.
4. Interface with customers, computer operations, technical support, programming and system personnel in order to evaluate production job processes, recommend improvements, and ensure optimal production flow.
5. Identify, respond to, report, and resolve by taking remedial action, production problems and issues; escalate if needed. Support and execute disaster recovery procedures as necessary.
6. Follow security procedures; and, respond to and report security risks as necessary.
7. Perform other job-related tasks as assigned or required to support the duties outlined above.
Manager or supervisor of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 03/01/2008||Occ Code: 0335-0003|