|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMPUTER SYSTEMS DEVELOPER, SR (IT/ASC-23)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0334-0141
Works as team leader on large, complex computer program/system projects, leading the analysis, design, development, integration, enhancement, application, maintenance and support functions, providing subject matter expertise and technical direction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in application architecture design reviews. Translating business and technical requirements into application architecture definition and designing alternatives/solutions to meet business requirements.
2. Reviews, analyzes and identifies computer systems functional and system requirements. Developes and produces project plans.
3. Participates on teams that outline the process and scope out improvements that can be realized through the application solution. Evaluates and performs design trade offs regarding the architecture and software components.
4. Develops or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and the intergration of varied software components.
5. Maintains highly complex and technical applications and systems. Revises and updates applications, procedures, and systems; including rewrites to documentaion and operating instructions as necessary.
6. Provides mentoring to lower level analyst/programmers.
7. Performs other job-related tasks as assigned or required to support the duties outlined above.
Manager or supervisor of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 03/01/2008||Occ Code: 0334-0141|