|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
FACILITY COMMUNICATIONS TECH SR (IT/ASC-19)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0332-3027
Provides hardware support for Local Area Networks (LAN) and related equipment located within a PDC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides guidance to lower level technicians on hardware installation and repair, including personal computers, PBXs , LANs, and related equipment.
2. Installs and supports cabling schemes for all communications related equipment.
3. Performs diagnosis and repair of complex LAN hardware problems.
4. Installs LAN hardware components.
5. Diagnoses problems and repairs personal computers and peripheral components with replacement parts.
6. Updates and maintains documentation on preventive maintenance and repair of personal computers.
7. Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and diagnostic support for LAN hardware components.
8. Assists with wiring and cabling of computer related equipment.
9. Performs other related tasks in support of the primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 09/30/1993||Occ Code: 0332-3027|