|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
FACILITY COMMUNICATIONS TECH (IT/ASC-17)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0332-3023
Provides hardware support to all Local Area Networks (LAN) and telecommunications equipment located within a PDC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides technical assistance on activities associated with personal computers, PBXs, LANs and related equipment.
2. Assists in the installation of cabling schemes for all communications equipment.
3. Assists in problem diagnosis and repair of LAN hardware components.
4. Assists in hardware installation of LAN hardware components.
5. Diagnoses problems and repairs personal computers and peripheral components with replacement parts.
6. Updates and maintains documentation on preventive maintenance and repair of personal computers.
7. Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and diagnostic support for LAN hardware components.
8. Assists with wiring and cabling of computer related equipment.
9. Performs other related tasks in support of the primary duties.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 09/30/1993||Occ Code: 0332-3023|