|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMPUTER OPRNS SPEC (IT/ASC-18)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0332-0019
Supports and monitors hardware and software operations for all computer environments. Provides technical guidance and coordinates systems applications and processing operations. Diagnoses and resolves computer operations issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors all computer related functions to determine status of systems operations, applications, and the system resources. Coordinates required operations with prescribed procedures.
2. Coordinates system hardware and software changes, upgrades, installations, and maintenance with end users and vendors to maintain maximum availibility and reliability of systems.
3. Develops and writes standard operating procedures for systems and computer operations.
4. Monitors problems forwarded by customer support technicians and specialists providing job related information and assistance as feedback for problem resolution. Identifies, responds, reports problems relative to hardware, software, and systems use and takes remedial action. Executes disaster recovery procedures as necessary.
5. Follows security procedures and identifies, responds to, and reports potential security risks.
6. Performs other job-related tasks as assigned or required to support the duties outlined above.
Manager or supervisor of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 03/01/2008||Occ Code: 0332-0019|