|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
COMPUTER SYSTEMS SCHEDULER (IT/ASC-20)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0330-0001
Coordinate and schedule all data operations production activity. Plan and schedule computer systems activities; establish priorities and monitor work progress.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and coordinate a master schedule of all computer production operations.
2. Evaluate production schedules and operations to ensure efficient use of computer hardware resources, job mixes, and priority of work processed. Support special scheduling processing and adjust priorities as needed.
3. Review schedule and application change requests. Monitor compliance with IT change management processes, and make recommendations to management.
4. Oversee the preparation of production plans for new data activities and systems applications. Coordinate with customers, developers, and programmers on scheduling jobs in the development stages.
5. Prepare problem reports relative to hardware, software, use of systems, or improper data and takes remedial action. Execute disaster recovery procedures as necessary.
6. Maintain current knowledge of and follow all security procedures. Identify, respond to, and report actual or potential security risks.
7. Performs other job-related tasks as assigned or required to support the duties outlined above.
Manager or supervisor of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 03/01/2008||Occ Code: 0330-0001|