|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CLERK TYPIST (P7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0322-02XX
Performs miscellaneous office clerical and typing duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Types from handwritten and other drafts or from dictating machine, records, letters, memorandums, reports, and other materials; sets up the material typed in accordance with the prescribed format and assembles it for initialing, signing, routing, and dispatch.
2. Performs general office clerical duties of the following types: makes up folders, keeps them in prescribed order, and places in and withdraws from them papers relating to the business of the office.
3. Makes and keeps routine records of the office.
4. Composes routine memorandums and letters relating to the business of the office, such as acknowledgements and transmittals.
5. Examines the incoming and outgoing mail of the office, routes it to the appropriate persons, and controls the time allowed for preparation of replies to incoming correspondence.
6. Receipts for and delivers salary checks and fills out various personnel forms.
7. Acts as receptionist and answers telephone calls, taking and relaying messages and furnishing routine information requested.
8. Relieves typists, office clerks, clerk-stenographers (except for their stenographic work), or other clerk-typists during periods of their absence.
9. Operates office machines such as calculators and copy machines.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0322-02XX|