|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
STAFF SECRETARY (IT/ASC-09)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0318-2040
Performs routine clerical and secretarial functions in support of a large group of professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates automated word processing equipment, completing the most complex and lengthy assignments from rough draft, from recorded dictation, or from own shorthand notes.
2. Ensures correct punctuation and grammar on materials typed; ensures that document is properly formatted.
3. Makes travel arrangements, contacting hotel, airline and rental car companies to make reservations. Confirms rates and makes arrangements for picking up tickets.
4. Completes travel vouchers and related documentation ensuring that proper format is followed.
5. Makes arrangements for meetings, contacting outside sources when necessary.
6. Updates and revises manuals, handbooks, and computer data bases used by the office; ensures that information in periodic reports is up to date and accurate.
7. Operates computer terminals to update data bases residing on mainframe computers.
8. Provides technical advice and guidance to lower level clerical employees in the unit.
9. May have occasional contact with representatives of outside companies.
10. Performs routine clerical tasks as assigned in support of the primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 05/20/1987||Occ Code: 0318-2040|