|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CLERK STENOGRAPHER (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0312-01XX
Performs miscellaneous office clerical, stenographic, and typing work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Takes dictation, in shorthand or on a shorthand writing machine, of letters, memorandums, reports, and other materials and transcribes it on the typewriter or wordprocessor; sets up the material transcribed in accordance with prescribed format and assembles it for required initialing, signing, routing, and dispatch.
2. Types similar materials from handwritten and other drafts, and from dictating machine records.
3. Makes up file folders, keeps them in prescribed order, and places in and withdraws from them papers relating to the business of the office.
4. Makes and keeps routine records of the office.
5. Composes routine memorandums and letters relating to the business of the office, such as acknowledgments and transmittals.
6. Examines the incoming and outgoing mail of the office, routes it to the appropriate persons, and controls the time allowed for preparation of replies to incoming correspondence.
7. Receipts for and delivers salary checks and fills out various personnel forms.
8. Acts as receptionist and answers telephone calls, taking and relaying messages and furnishing routine information requested.
9. Relieves office clerks, typists, clerk-typists or other clerk-stenographers during periods of their absence.
10. Operates copy machine and calculators.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0312-01XX|