|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
MAINTENANCE SUPPORT CLERK (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0303-02XX
Performs a variety of data collection and processing tasks in scheduling, planning, controlling, and reporting for maintenance operations; completes requisitions, stores and issues supplies, parts and tools; and analyzes maintenance operations and recommends and implements changes or improvements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyzes, develops and produces reports on maintenance operations, including equipment performance, failures, comparisons with national averages, trends, and needs of the maintenance operation.
2. Develops and reviews checklists; plans, reviews, schedules and coordinates new or revised instructions; establishes maintenance schedules with operations supervisors.
3. Reviews inventory to ensure that stock levels accurately reflect needs and recommends changes.
4. Reviews completed work orders for workhour and material use; compares this information with estimated requirements and reviews for accuracy and completeness; obtains information required to reconcile discrepancies, and makes corrections.
5. Assists in identifying materials, skills, tools, and equipment to satisfy work requirements; schedules and adjusts workload to match available resources; reviews and enters work request data and completed documentation into data system.
6. Receives requests for maintenance work and prepares work order requirements; assesses urgency of request, and assigns a priority code. Notifies appropriate maintenance employee when urgent requests are received.
7. Enters and updates maintenance records on data systems; maintains files and records of mechanical, electrical and electronic drawings, publications required to support maintenance operations, correspondence, tool and parts documentation, computer software and system printouts.
8. Performs general computer support, including file maintenance, back-up and system security; uses software programs to produce reports; prepares correspondence, operates other office equipment; performs a variety of other tasks to support maintenance administration.
9. Receives, unloads, inspects, stores and issues items against corresponding documents; reconciles differences in shipments with suppliers; performs periodic reviews of inventory levels and corrects records; keeps inventory stock, storage and work areas clean and orderly; investigates inventory shortages and reconciles discrepancies; may drive a vehicle to pick-up, deliver, or ship materials to or from supply houses or other postal facilities.
10. Prepares and submits requisitions to maintain required inventory levels; communicates with vendors to identify item cost, specifications, and availability; procures items in accordance with applicable policy and procedure.
11. Trains other lower level maintenance employees and participates in the formulation of annual budget estimates.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0303-02XX|