|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
CLERK VEHICLE DISPATCHING (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0301-47XX
Performs clerical functions related to vehicle dispatching activities at a post office for scheduled, nonscheduled and emergency vehicle service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Issues to and receives from all postal drivers, keys, schedules and truck record cards.
2. Assigns suitable vehicles to routine, scheduled vehicle service runs and city delivery routes; informs appropriate supervisor of any scheduled trips that are not covered.
3. Prepares work schedules of motor vehicle operators and tractor-trailer operators.
4. Maintains required records of the operation of vehicles and verifies entries made on truck reports.
5. Performs related clerical work as may be designated by supervisor.
Supervisor, Transportation Operations, or other designated supervisor.
Senior Qualified when filled from either Motor Vehicle Operator (Lvl 5), 5703-02XX, KP 10 or Tractor-Trailer Operator (Lvl 6), 5756-01XX, SP 5-22. Best Qualified when filled from any other position.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0301-47XX|