|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
SR CLERK PDC (IT/ASC-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0301-2072
Performs general office or clerical assignments, utilizing special and normal office machinery following general instructions and standard office practices and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acts as a receptionist; answers telephone and receives callers to the office. Exercises judgment in responding to non-technical inquiries; refers technical or more complex questions to the supervisor or appropriate source.
2. Receives, sorts, and routes mail, using personal judgment, to employees.
3. Maintains and establishes standard alphabetical and chronological files and records. Prepares and maintains file folders as required by the work of the office.
4. Assembles and obtains documents or background information on the basis of general instructions as to identity, location of document, file, book or similar reference.
5. Sets up, maintains, and operates standard duplicating, reproduction, and general office machinery required to perform assigned tasks.
6. Leads or gives guidance as assigned to other clerical employees assigned in support of the clerical functions of the office.
7. Prepares on a regularly scheduled basis standard forms or reports relating to a specific occupational field or required by normal office procedures, including requests for equipment, supplies or maintenance.
8. Keeps office manuals and handbooks current by making deletions or adding revisions and supplements. Searches handbooks, manuals or publications on the basis of general instructions for requested information or subject items.
9. Has occasional public contact with visitors to the office or by telephone.
10. Occasionally will perform other job related tasks in suppport of the primary duties.
Supervisor or manager of unit to which assigned.
INF TCH/ACCT SRV CTR
|Doc Date: 10/01/1980||Occ Code: 0301-2072|