|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK VMF (P7-07)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0301-09XX
Performs a variety of responsible clerical and routine administrative duties in a motor vehicle maintenance facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consults with and advises the superintendent with regard to the office management of the vehicle maintenance facility; maintains necessary records and prepares the reports and correspondence required in conducting the business of the facility.
2. Sets up and controls the scheduling of maintenance for all facility vehicles and perimeter vehicles under the jurisdiction of the facility to ensure that schedules are current.
3. Issues advertisements and invitations to bid for the procurement of contract services such as repair contracts.
4. Reviews all work orders received from non-personnel offices to assure that changes being made by contractors are in strict accordance with contracts, that the performance of work is in accordance with individual maintenance programs or prescribed flat rate schedules. Isolates repetitive or other work orders involving administrative and/or technical questions for corrective action by superintendent.
5. Analyzes facility statistical reports provided by the postal data center and calls to attention of the superintendent areas requiring corrective actions.
6. Where stockroom employees are not authorized, performs all duties relating to operations of the stockroom including procurement, storage, issue and accounting for all parts, materials and tools.
7. Prepares work schedules, vacation schedules and shop orders. Answers telephone calls and furnishes requested information or takes appropriate action.
8. Maintains liaison with the main office on hiring new employees, fringe benefits, and related actions affecting facility employees. Makes certain that reports relating to industrial type accidents and injuries are completed and submitted as required.
9. May supervise part-time or full-time clerical assistance, as required.
Superintendent, Vehicle Maintenance or other designated supervisor.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0301-09XX|