|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
OFFICE CLERK (P7-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0301-01XX
Performs miscellaneous general office clerical and/or machine operator work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes routine acknowledgements and transmittals.
2. Routes incoming and outgoing office correspondence to appropriate persons and maintains control over preparation of replies to incoming correspondence.
3. Prepares file folders, keeps them in prescribed order, and files in or withdraws from them material as required by the business of the office.
4. Receipts for and delivers salary checks, prepares personnel forms, and performs related services.
5. Acts as receptionist for office, answering telephone calls , recording messages, and furnishing requested information.
6. Receives, opens, time stamps, sorts, and delivers mail to organizational units according to established schedules; distributes publications, issuances, and directives according to prescribed lists, making required changes in such lists.
7. Operates standard office machines, such as copy machines, calculators, binders, and related equipment.
8. Performs preventive maintenance and makes minor repairs to office machines.
9. Assembles and staples finished work; maintains files of master sheets.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0301-01XX|