|List of Positions||U.S.Postal Service|
PERSONNEL CLERK (P7-06)
OCCUPATION CODE: 0203-14XX
Performs specialized clerical work involved in providing the central personnel services of a postal installation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs any one or a combination of the duties listed below.
2. Examines, documents, and otherwise processes official personnel actions.
3. Inducts new employees by taking their fingerprints, providing them with, and instructing them in filling out forms, administering oaths, and performing related operations.
4. Examines applications for leave by employees when the type or durations of leave desired fall within the categories required to be acted on centrally; compares the justification with the criteria for approval, and drafts memorandums or other notifications of the action to be taken on the applications.
5. Examines for completeness or composes reports of personnel injuries sustained by employees in the performance of their duties and examines for completeness claims by such employees for compensation due to time lost from work because of such injuries; makes these reports and claims ready for forwarding to the appropriate government agency and composes any required notification to the employees or their supervisors of additional information needed and of decisions made on claims.
6. Furnishes information to employees and applicants about personnel regulations and practices, including employment in the postal installation, by personal conversations, telephone conversations, and composition of letters and memorandums.
7. Maintains various personnel records by performing such operations as posting actions taken concerning employees, adding names to and removing them from registers and rosters, and filing official papers in personnel folders.
8. Compiles various recurring and special statistical reports on personnel subjects, such as numbers of actions of various types, numbers of employees of various titles and salaries, numbers of vacancies of various titles and organizational locations.
9. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: document and otherwise process official personnel actions originating on the basis of personnel records; record the receipt of employee suggestions and initiate action for their review by appropriate supervisors; assist employees in filling out applications for retirement and documenting these forms for submission to appropriate organizations; process bids for position openings on seniority basis; and accept employment applications, and forward them to appropriate organizations.
Supervisor of unit to which assigned.
KEY POSITION REFERENCE:
|Doc Date: 11/02/1994||Occ Code: 0203-14XX|